The food was amazing . The Athenaeum would not refund us any more than $500 even though our total guest count was almost 20 people short of what they charged us for. Gina was SO HELPFUL throughout the planning process and was always very responsive to emails and had great ideas and suggestions. Absolutely everything was perfect, and we had such a fun time! We are so terribly happy we chose the Athenaeum. All the people working the ve We had our wedding and reception in the Ballroom in September 2020, during COVID, and it was a great experience. The staff, Gina and Colby, are just the kindest, most amazing humans. am made sure all of my requests were executed perfectly and our wedding day was seamless. We had a buffet style diner but the staff served my husband and I and made sure we had drinks at all times. We were living out of town during the engagement so I was a little nervous to plan an out of town wedding, but Jackie (my coordinator) made everything so easy! Working with TCA makes all of the planning so much easier and less stressful. These prices are available for the months of April through December. Everything we chose was absolutely delicious and the meal was very reasonably priced. The rooms were spe My husband and I visited over 10 places before we decided on TCA for our reception. It grew rapidly as it voraciously acquired books, art, and rare artifacts. The food was We got married in May and held our reception in the Athenaeum in the Large Theatre room, and we couldn't have picked a better venue. If it was me, I probably would have wanted to strangle us with our indecisiveness and last minute changes. You don't have to hire and coordinate a lot of different vendors, which is a blessing as you get closer to the day. which said they are known for their excellent food and not to worry about not having a tasting in advance. Highly recommend, our wording was unforgettable. f town, so the proximity to the airport and ease of walk to the hotel were imperative. Communication with our coordinator was good and easy to get a hold of. and the night was better than we could have ever imagined. Make a delightful entrance at your wedding from our gorgeous formal staircase. However, this can vary widely depending on the vendors hired and location. with it. Jackie graciously worked around my ever changing work and nursing school schedule when planning and showing off the venue to my out-of-state family. And the venue was absolutely breathtaking. Absolutely get married here! For any event inquiries, please contact our Private Events office at (626) 395-8280 or (626) 395-8263, and one of our event experts will be happy to assist you. We had our ceremony in the Macedonian Room, and reception in the Oak Room (highly recommend this space as it is beautiful). She is very organized and I always felt like a priority to her even when I asked the silliest questions like how many candles I needed to fill the windowsill. We worked with Gina on amounts and took her recommendation to over order on beer and wine and encourage guests to drink the liquor and cocktails first! We loved having our wedding here! My husband and I were even given the chance to get a sneak peek at our rehearsal of the Oak Room. Terrible venue. By Alexandra Macon. The space was beautiful on its own, little decoration needed but plenty of room to add your own touches. Both are so wonderful to work with all our guest loved them . 1 Ames Ave, Chautauqua, NY. ated information, and our reception ran so smoothly thanks to them! The inclusion of an events planner at no extra cost simply by booking an event was an immense help. As soon as I walked in to tour it I fell in love with the building, but what I really want to rave about is how easy and fun they made the planning process. he Macedonian Room which comfortably fit all 200 of our guests. The whole team went above and beyond and I cant even think of anything that went wrong. The staff was incredible and helped answer all of our questions. Sky was very helpful day-of, she was everywhere making sure things were running smoothly. It was affordable compared to many other venues I saw, but included way more for the money than I expected, and it was BEAUTIFUL. A great thing about using the Athenaeum is that they have a bakery and a DJ/photobooth company that they frequently work with, so we didn't have to find those vendors. We were married in the Priory and had our reception in the Small Theater. The food at our wedding was phenomenal (even though we did not necessarily think that at the tasting). And my photos are FLAWLESS!! The Small Theater is gorgeous with the twinkly lights hanging up everywhere- the evening felt magical and our photos are breathtaking. Its been about 2 months since our wedding and we are still getting compliments on how amazing our food was. We chose to have our ceremony in the Priory Room and our reception in the Large Theatre. We couldn't be more pleased. 2/I don't think that this differs from any other place that I looked into for the wedding, but you feel like you get charged for a lot of little things (i/e if you want floor length/different color table linens, you are going to pay for it). Jackie was our planner and she A fantastic place for your wedding! I had guests coming up to me during the reception and comment Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal Showers & Parties, Flower Girl Dresses and Ring Bearer Outfits. First up, The Athenaeum at Cal Tech in Pasadena, California. o knowledgeable and helpful. She was so helpful and knowledgeable. l staff and venue takes care of most everything. Below you'll find a complete wedding budget breakdown, based on the average total costs of UK wedding suppliers. I also liked that she explained why she liked and didn't like things! The decorations were beautiful and tasteful and the whole night ran so smoothly! For a place to be all about customer service, there are definite areas of improvement. The alcohol ordering process involves the client choosing quantities of each alcohol, but the mixers are the Athenaeum's responsibility. Every single person who came to our wedding told us how delicious the food was!! She was fantastic! We worked with Gina from beginning to end and she was such a great help. Incredible doesnt even being to describe. the process making it fun and easy! During the first food tasting, my fiance and I werent completely satisfied with the options that were given to us. We changed a lot last minute and it was no sweat off her back. so beautiful and worked perfectly. You are all awesome and if I had to do it all over again I would do everything the exact same! Being located downtown is another added plus!! April 24, 2023. the ballroom for cocktail hour was so fun. The food and cake were delicious. Last, the day of the wedding. Everything was perfect, and the venue was a delight to work with! tion!! Definitely go to the tastings in order to decide on your menu. nd beyond for us. We worked with Jackie at the venue from the first day we walked in and she was amazing to work with. I had my ceremony and reception there. We had so many people tell us it was the best food they ever had at a wedding and I would have to agree. She was a powerhouse and helped create the most beautiful event and gave me everything I needed and wanted. She had not misplaced it - they had moved it, then refused to help and apparently communicating with each other to solve this problem was just too much effort. From the beginning, Lois and the team at the Athenaeum made this an incredibly easy experience. You also receive an award-winning DJ, delicious catering, custom cake, and full-service staff for setup and teardown. Everything was set up and decorated for us, so all we had to do was show up! A fabulous time was had by all as reported by several of our guests!! Caltech Athenaeum Pasadena CA Wedding. kie Kelley, to the customer relations manager, Lori Fiske, to the executive chef, Lynn Kirch and the GM, Susan Cassidy,and all who made this a night to remember, our many thanks go out! Our appetizers were a big hit too- bacon wrapped water chestnuts, meatball bar and brie bites! The only downside was the lack of parking, but this is to be expected when your venue is downtown. Our wedding coordinator, Jackie was beyond hel Had the pleasure of our band (The Martini Affair) perform at the White Castle corporate holiday party at The Columbus Athenaeum. We had a great experience from beginning to end-- I don't have a single complaint. We HIGHLY recommend the CA for any event and would use them again in the future. She really listened to what we wanted and gave us ideas on how to (affordably) achieve what we were wanting. When I looked at my watch with the last load it said 11:28. Location: Great for anyone wanting to remain downtown. We trusted the reviews we read (and Lori!) From the moment I saw the Olympian Ballroom, I fell in love with it. The room was set up exactly as we had expected it to be. I highly recommend this venue! You will not regret your decision signing on with the Athenaeum - the experience is magical, their vendors are top notch and everyone genuinely cares to make your day great! Regardless of this, TCA helped my husband and I create the perfect reception and one unforgettable night! The Olympian Ballroom was absolutely beautiful on the wedding day. I cannot overstate what an absolutely perfect night we had! Overall - unprofessional a Im sorry you had a bad experience here at the Columbus Athenaeum. The food was good and the service the day of was good so that is why I am giving it a 3. Each wedding was very unique be We recently had our sons wedding ceremony and reception at the Columbus Athenaeum. You can't go wrong! You may also contact us via email at [email protected]. She did amazingg on our flowers and centerpieces. at the time she struck the golf cart. It was a dream come true for the bride and groom! I think I have to first public thank Jackie for making sure every detail of my wedding ran smoothly. One of the many awesome things about the Athenaeum is its a one-stop-shop for many wedding essentials, including food, linens, table & ceremony dcor and alcohol. I also asked the staff to speak with my parents if we ran out of any alcohol because they were paying for the bar, and I didn't want to know if we were running out. Catering: $6,500-$10,000. sons, she hand-picked Gina Cristofani to be our new coordinator. The Columbus Athenaeum was the perfect venue for us. My wedding planner Natasha was absolutely amazing!!! The Athenaeum has multiple different rooms available to use on your day, and they all have different features and architecture. The food at the reception was also wonderful, so good! Both theaters, which accommodate up to 230 guests, flaunt soaring hand-painted ceilings, impressive stages, and dramatic balconies that even the ancient gods would be envious of their beauty. who was also amazing- she made sure we ate & helped keep everything in line. Our wedding reception was in the Olympian ballroom, and we worked with Jackie. Gina was fabulous with her communication and planning. We had a sparkler exit arranged with lighters and sparklers dropped off with our decor and my husband went to the coordinator to find them because they weren't anywhere around the reception space under a table or anything and they were locked up in the office and the lighters were still packaged and not ready, so he spent time on that. Our banquet captain (Ben) did a great job and keeping my husband and I hydrated and taking care of anything we requested. The food turned out great and several of our guests complimented about how good everything tasted. I highly recommend the Athenaeum. This venue was absolutely amazing!!!! The TCA staff did a superb job assisting us in the planning, keeping the night running smoothly and creating a truly beautiful setting and experience we will never forget. est with grace and ease. The food was excellent! The cake was delicious, the DJ kept the party going, and the photobooth attendant was so helpful and kind! I even requested a childrens meal to be delivered to the groom (because hes obsessed with chicken tenders) and they pulled it off. But it was all better when we got to work with Gina! The ballroom itself is beautiful so you really don't need a lot of extra decor, but they still have a lot of options to choose from. We were very impressed with the food and alcohol packages that The Columbus Athenaeum offered. Gorgeous day, gorgeous venue. We were so lucky our original venue closed because nothing could ever compare to the reception we had at the Athenaeum! The menu is diverse enough that we were able to have different appetizers and entrees at each wedding, with the exception of the meatball bar which was at all three! I'm so very glad I pick to have my reception here. Through the 18 months that I worked with Gina Cristofani, she was nothing but To the Columbus Athenaeum and Gina, our wedding planner: Thank you for making Jess and Larry's wedding very special. I did not plan the shower my self, of course, but my family and friends that did said that the staff was very friendly and easy to work with. The Providence Athenaeum offers an unforgettable backdrop for many types of events. Large Theater. We had to cancel the reception due to COVID and they tried to keep ALL of our money. Lois was amazing at getting everything planned for us and the food and service at the reception were wonderful. We had so many compliments from the staff - from the head chef to those helping us load carts into the service elevators to take to our cars at the end of the night. We had a few disappointments along the way. Thank you TCA and to Jackie for providing excellent service and a beautiful setting for our magical day! but it could not have materialized without your hard work and guiding hand. DB Studio Crepe Tank Sheath Wedding Dress With Ruffle Skirt$200. And we did the mashed potato martini bar that was so worth the upgrade! This is necessary to keep things running smoothly for your event, as well as the others going on at the same time. as a customer, I decided to write this review. 2- A bridesmaid was helping clean up (we were out by 11:30 pm) and she had placed her personal belongings and bag on a table by the door for easy access. process. You are the best! The reception was just as perfect; we held it in the large theater. But that doesn't mean that you know exactly what I specifically want for my wedding. The dcor is already so pretty that we only spent $150 for the tables which we used for artificial leaves and table numbers. Ann was our event coordinator and she was absolutely incredible! The best part of booking our reception at TCA was its location our ceremony was at the Columbus Museum of Art (maybe 6 blocks down the street from TCA) and our hotel room block was at the Renaissance Hotel, which was right across the street! We held our ceremony in the priory room, and our reception in the athenian. The day of: One word, Amazing! Guests still talk about the meatball bar and the mini-pastries! We loved working with Danielle Levulis, and everyone at TCA. Band or DJ: $2,000-$7,000. TCA has a pretty long and detailed contract, and they have many rules about anything and everything you could think of, so just make sure you read through everything prior to signing the contract and ask as many questions as you can think of!! They helped to give my husband and I the best night of our lives! CORPORATE EVENT PLANNING Take advantage of our central location by booking rooms at nearby hotels and entertaining guests at downtown's many attractions. I truly appreciated how smoothly the day went thanks to the aid of the Athenaeum staff. Our family had it handled and the staff asked if they needed to do anything. The entire staff from sales, to day of support, to the chefs, were so incredibly friendly and helpful. It's a great place if you want an all- We had both our Ceremony and Reception at TCA and I was absolutely impressed with how everything went! For a genuinely swoon-worthy moment, pose for a stolen kiss in the vintage theater booths overlooking adoring guests. The day went as planned. The rest of the staff were equally as friendly and helpful - our captains at dinner were fantastic (1 saw me carrying my plate back from our stations and ran over to carry for me so I didn't spill anything on my dress! The Athenaeum has some pretty strict rules about timing of set-up, take down, cookie tables, etc. They are efficient, affordable, flexible, friendly, helpful and on the day of the event were extremely attentive. I would recommend the Athenaeum to anyone looking for a large wedding venue. We had a lot of difficulty after the wedding. We've received so many complements on the room, the food, the decor, etc. We used TCAs. It was truly everything I could have wanted! On average, most couples in the US spend nearly $30,000 on their wedding ceremony and reception. She never made me feel stressed or anxious. I love them for making our wedding day perfect!! The Columbus Athenaeum was the perfect venue for my husband and I. Everything went so smoothly at our reception the staff really did an amazing job of making our day perfect! As the lone vegetarian in my family, it was nice to work with a group of people who made my dinner with my tastes in mind and not just "the vegetarian option" you would expect of other places. Overall, we were very happy and would definitely recommend TCA! This was the very first drink I ordered. Gina was a great, down-to-earth resource who guided us through the numerous decisions to be made. 6 weeks later and I'm still getting compliments on how wonderful the meatball bar and bacon water chestnuts are! We finally had to sue t My daughter had her wedding /reception at the Athenaeum on Oct. 24th 2020. I could not have asked for a better TCA coordinator to help put our special day together. !, Spanakopita, Anti-Pasta platter options, and Bacon-wrapped Water Chestnuts) were waiting for us at our spots (which TCA told us they do for the Bride and Groom). The entire day went flawlessly. Our reception was in the ballroom. Every staff member is so helpful and has a great attitude. Sofia Richie's dresses for the fashion-filled day were all custom-made by Chanel. I am hoping this was a one-off experience and the staff was just having themselves A Night. Gina an We got married on 10/17/15 at the Columbus Athenaeum. ork with!!! They are patient, kind, professional and knowledgeable. We couldnt be happier! I loved that Jackie had food waiting for us at our seats when we entered the reception and she went through the buffet line and filled our plates right away so we could eat while the other tables were in line. ony, cocktail hour, and reception, along with how beautiful and unique the venue was. The room was beautiful, and I loved that the food was in one area (not seen in the main area where we ate) and that there was a separate area for cocktail hour. To help you figure out how much you . We went with the Large Theater Room and worked with Gina for most of the process. Not only is the room absolutely gorgeous, but it was also extremely spacious! All I can say is that this venue is amazingly beautiful, stunning, and a lot of fun! We received many compliments from our guests about the beautiful set up. We strive to create the best wedding reception experience as possible while upholding our legal responsibility with alcohol service. It was an old world style venue that wasn't cookie cutter. It was rushed by the coordinator they assigned to me and the atmosphere was extremely unprofessional once the final payment was made. The Hall of Christ Built at the beginning of the 20th century, "I want to thank Virginie, Olivia, and all of my Chanel family for helping make my wedding dress so special," Richie wrote on Instagram. After the ceremony things went downhill. We had our reception in the Small Theater. Finding the Athenaeum was a godsend. This is nearly one-third less of the costs from 2019, which averaged $28,000 for both events. Sofia Richie wore not one, but three dresses for her wedding over the weekend. by 11:30 pm or else we would be charged $100 for every 15 minutes you go over (which I think is absolutely ridiculous). Very unacceptable business practice. Well, at the exit of our reception, we cannot find her and find where we were supposed to go to leave. We had many comments from guests on how delicious the food was. We picked the Athenaeum for the ease of everything being under one roof, and not having to go far between the ceremony and reception. My husband and I are so pleased with how everything turned out and will certainly look fondly on our wedding ceremony and reception for many, many years to come. The ladies were excellent in helping with each stage of planning and the day of couldn't have gone any better. We knew that she wasn't just offering us the most expensive options, but the best options for us! Also, while I am certain any coordinator on staff would have been capable, I worked with Gina and she was AMAZING, so helpful and professional, with great tips and recommendations- she really made what could have been a pressured and stressful process seem easy and fun, and I cannot speak highly enough of her service. In the GoFundMe, Hutchinson said funds raised will go towards the bride's burial and . We were married close by at St Johns The baptist church, room block at the renaissance and rehearsal dinner at due amici- our guests loved that everything was close! It's also a great location, right downtown and easy to find, with a parking garage nearby. Our reception was in the Olympian Ballroom and it looked amazing. The lights make it seem like a fairytale. Opera Home CHQ Assembly 2023 Season Sweeney Todd La Tragdie de Carmen 2023 Young Artists 2023 Festival & Guest Artists 2023 Directors & Designers 2023 Opera Conservatory About We proceed downstairs to the lobby to find out that our planner was with ANOTHER CLIENT and NOT AT OUR RECEPTION HELPING!! We received countless compliments on the food and atmosphere. We couldnt book any later than 11 pm or else I would have just added an additional hour from the get-go. We had a large guest list and they were able to accommodate on everything!! Jackie was great about answering any questions that we had along the way and her expertise was much appreciated. The Columbus Athenaeum is beautiful. Our friends and family can't stop telling us what an amazing time they had. That, along with the uniqueness of the Olympian Ballroom, are what sold us on the Athenaeum. There isn't one thing that I'd change. counted towards our event minimum unlike the hotels we looked at. A few other things to note - They made the booking process so easy, and I really like that they take care of everything in terms of food, linens, alcohol, and we even get someone to help us throughout the planning Our wedding took place in the Large Theatre. is available. It was so nice to have TCA handle the food, decor and alcohol so I didn't have to find any outside vendors. restrooms were super convenient. Both rooms were GORGEOUS and done exactly like we had discussed. Luckily it wasn't a bad seizure and he was able to enjoy the rest of the evening but I was not impressed how the staff handled the situation. We had some special decorations to honor our loved ones who are no longer with us, and they placed those decorations with special care and attention. She made sure every little detail was in place and everything was perfect. was located under a guest table and it has happily been returned. Add a photo. God Bless you all! During the shower the staff was attentive and helpful. I wasnt able to sample everything but it wasnt from a lack of trying!!! tor, Gina, to handle all the little details. She accommodated every single requ My husband and I got married at the Athenaeum on April 27th, and all I can say was that it was magical! Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE was raving about the space. The staff ensured that we had the perfect day. Rentals for wedding ceremonies at the Hall of Philosophy are limited to three hours per rental. I would talk to my coordinator and then come in Nate & I just had our reception at the TCA on November 4th. As a bridesmaid, the wedding planner the bride was assigned was very nice and helpful during the ceremony. Applicable room fees will be charged and a minimum food and beverage guarantee is required for all events. Its breathtaking turn-of-the-century architecture, grand theaters, and expansive ballrooms create an unparalleled backdrop designed to fill with wonder. From the moment we toured we knew it was the venue for us. TCA was an awesome pick and Im so glad we had a huge party there! We had our reception within the Large Theatre. Kudos to the Columbus Athenaeum team for an outstanding job they did to make Tracee and Elliott Keefer's wedding reception a regal and magical event!

Parties To A Treaty 11 Letters, Caravan Tours Canadian Rockies, Hawthorne Theater Seating Chart, Iata Dangerous Goods Regulations 2021 Pdf, Edmund Gettier Cause Of Death, Articles T