Fossilized plants including palm and olive from Caldera of Thera. With the dove and the Newcastle Brown Ale hes drinking, its so British and so Robert. He grew up around animals and has the look of someone who understands nature. Although the 2 hour show Saturday was 6,000 short of capacity, listeners blanketed the football field and stands. I must say that the audience source sounds very good and the packaging of the Godfather release is fantastic. It could have been a lot nicer without it. Returning tothe subject of the press he then says, Right, anyway, that was one of those things that we keep getting criticized for doing [laughs]. [1] This increase in on-stage theatricality was later referred to by Page during an interview he gave to rock journalist Mick Wall: Originally, we saw the whole essence of our live performance as something that the audience listened to very carefully, picking up on what was going on, the spontaneity and musicianship. The Kezarconcertwas a daytime show and Led Zeppelin were supported by Roy Harper, The Tubes and Lee Michaels. So much happened in such a short time. Brit Rock by the Bay currently features exclusive photos and memories of a 1973 performance by Led Zeppelin at Kezar Stadium in San Francisco: LED ZEPPELIN: JUNE, 1973 SteveAJones Members 23.5k Gender:Male Location:Tokyo Posted August 17, 2010 Excellent feature! (Wiki),

Kezar Stadium is a stadium located in the southeastern corner of Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, California. ' The latter release also has its problems. Copyright 2023 Rockitz Music | Powered by Rockitz Music, The Legendary Gibson SG- A Beatle and a Badfinger Guitar Extraordinaire. Lisa Marie Presley likes it to, she bought a large signed print in a Los Angeles gallery. Im just glad it didnt land on Jimmy Pages hand or something bad might have happened to it. Hundreds of others heard the music for free from rooftops in the surrounding neighborhood. Wow! Led Zeppelin Jun 02, 1973 Uploaded by Zimtrim. "Well, what happened was - I worked this Alice Cooper show in Tucson, and after that show, they said, 'Hey, we're doing Led Zeppelin up at Kezar [Stadium] in San Francisco in June. Plants vocals and bodily gyrations seemed tired and routine, and drummer John Bonham and bassist John Paul Jones had trouble solidifying their back-up sounds in in the early going. Such a lacklustre performance might have resulted, if Rolling Stone is to be believed, from the bands financial motives in playing to such a large audience; the magazine states that, Zeppelin are back doing what they do best converting heavy metal into dollars. Comments such as theseare perhaps unsurprising,given the negative attitude shown towards the bandby large section of thepress at the time, particularly in the USA. Really fast. Not On Label (Led Zeppelin) - none. (For further detailed and specific comparison of the various releases, see the Title Comparisonssection of the BootLedZ website.). Thank you so much for posting! Prior to its commencement, Led Zeppelin's manager Peter Grant hired PR consultant Danny Goldberg for promotion, and booked large stadium venues. Search . So excited to get the poster of one of them with the new TBL issue. Let That Boy Boogie), Communication Breakdown, The Ocean. Stairway To Heaven follows, providing anotherindisputablehighlight of the show. Bob Dylan Without A Ticket (Thinman-151/152), Elton John Flip It Over (Mighty Fishy MF01-107), Paul McCartney Oakland, Sunday, May 8th, 2022 (Nanker Dog 005). [View film here], KRON-TV & CBS News film news reports from the show, LZ Zooms High At Kezar - review (Examiner), San Francisco (Kezar) 1973 review (Berkeley Barb), 'Led Freaks' - Fans Camp at Kezar (Chronicle), Led Zeppelin (American tour report) The Times 7-11-73, LZ Expects $3mil From 33 Concerts (May 1973), Teen-Clubs, Box 45, Egegaard Skole - September 7, 1968, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l4kXOBoL-M, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sFI_KtixBU, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Foa6iPGHzkk. The Doors Stockholm 1968 Pre-FM (No Label), Led Zeppelin Wild West Side (Empress Valley Supreme Disc EVSD-1656/57/58/59/60/61), Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin Was Good And Loud (Empress Valley Supreme Disc EVSD-1665/1666), Led Zeppelin Berdu San Bernardino 1972 (Graf Zeppelin LZSC-62272A/B), Led Zeppelin Barrage Of Riffs (Graf Zeppelin LZSC-715A/B/C/D/E), Led Zeppelin How The East Was Won (Tarantura TCD-220~225 Box A, Admiral Page Edition), Led Zeppelin Celebratory Night For Badgeholding (Graf Zeppelin LZSC 625A/B/C/D/E/F), jazzbo on Bob Dylan USA box Vol. Excellent bloody pictures. The Kezar concert was a daytime show and Led Zeppelin were supported by Roy Harper, The Tubes and Lee Michaels. The best concert Id seen before this had been fantastic The Who on the Whos Next tour, at the San Francisco Civic Auditorium. [url=https://www.setlist.fm/edit?setlist=3bd60800&step=song]Edit this setlist[/url] | [url=https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/led-zeppelin-13d6b509.html]More Led Zeppelin setlists[/url], Setlist History: Led Zeppelin's First North American Performance. Over 600,000 paying ticket-holders were in attendance. Thank you so much for this. RT @60sPsychJukebox: .largest outdoor concert at Watkins Glen, New York with The Band, Grateful Dead, and The Allman Brothers Band. News Report: 50,000 See Led Zeppelin in Bay City. I still feel that lucky, having seen this show. "The level of their success then was unbelievable Being so close to them at the time, it was difficult to be objective about it all you know, I was going along on the bus. The British rock group Led Zeppelin drew 50,000 rock fans who paid $320,000 at Kezar Stadium last weekend. It was truly one of the best performances I have ever seen. Tee, posting on the official Led Zeppelinwebsite, argues that, it was excellentthe show itself was just spectacular in every respect. Pete MacDonald adds that, to this day this concert ranks, by far, as the most amazing performance by musicians Ive ever seen, and Matt Roberts calls it a seminal show. Also on the bands site, in addition to his own,Argenteum Astrumenthuses, a really big outdoor festival show and one of the greatest concerts ever! Top Genres. We couldn't stop what was happening. Home; Image; 1973 - First Leg US Tour Dates Ad. The stadium's name is a homophone of "KEY-czar". He continued promoting stadium-sized concerts at Kezar Stadium in San Francisco with Led Zeppelin in 1973. Youre constantly being tracked by a dozen pairs of eyes otherwise known as the roadies. The exterior of the plane was re-sprayed with Led Zeppelin emblazoned down the side of the fuselage. The thirty-seven gig tour was exhausting for the band, three hour shows each night. Really great pics, always loved the way they looked at that show. Mix of Audience & Soundboard recording Barcode and Other Identifiers Barcode (Fake): 01042011636 Rights Society (Fake): GEMA The latter song was pruned back after the European dates earlier in the year, the band largely dispensing with the lengthy medleys and including just The Crunge and John Lee Hookers Boogie Chillen during most shows ofthe American Tour. To this day this concert ranks, by far, as the most amazing performance by musicians Ive ever seen. .largest outdoor concert at Watkins Glen, New York with The Band, Grateful Dead, and The Allman Brothers Band. The Brits really know how to give us rock bands! I remember standing there absolutely mesmerized by just how fucking amazingly good they were. I am very jealous. After five years of evolving, I think we can do a few things like that now and again.Dazed And Confused is then introduced as, an oldie but gooie that you might remember. It is played in asuperb version, stretching to half-an-hour,which brilliantly highlights the interplay of the musicians. This is a tremendous show, which asgsparaco contends, is a great performance all around by the bandThey play one of the most laid back yet slick concerts that summer. Other commentaters areoverwhelmingly enthusiastic. 40 Years Gone. August 17, 2010 in Photos. Kezar Stadium is an outdoor athletics stadium in San Francisco, California, located adjacent to Kezar Pavilion in the southeastern corner of Golden Gate Park. 8mm Film w/synch audio 43,563 views Jul 11, 2019 John Waters 1.27K subscribers Led Zeppelin June 2, 1973 Kezar Stadium San. 2 (Crystal Cat CC 1139-44). Tour: As gsparaco (who considers the sound quality excellent)points out in his review of the Wendy release, the taper was very close to the stage and is able to capture every little detail emanating from the stage that afternoon. All audience-sourced releases derive from the same tape; most are broadly similar and are rated as excellent by Argenteum Astrumon Led Zeppelin Database. As Ingham points out, Continental Soundsused fairly high generation tapes that ran 3% too slow and also failed to present the songs in the correct running order. michaelcm53

Subscribe to join the Led Zeppelin YouTube community and check back for new uploads, product announcements, and updates from the bandLed Zeppelin formed in 1968 and went on to become one of the most influential, innovative, and successful groups in modern music, having sold more than 300 million albums worldwide. It was a beautiful, warm morning and as people filled the stadium, the Zeppelin-anticipation was already electrifying the crowd, that rare and wonderful I-cant-believe-Im-actually-here-look beaming on everybodys face. Led Zeppelin's 1973 North American Tour was the ninth concert tour of North America by the English rock band. I had never heard of this, never seen it, and watching him play guitar with it bended my mind around in new, uncharted ways. It would be terrific if the label went on to supplement it with its own version of the soundboard segment. Perhaps the biggest music event in Bay Area history was held at Kezar. . Fossilized leaves of Olive Tree from Caldera of Thera. I worked on the color shots ,hope you see the difference? Thousands in the audience are in view behind him, it is an amazing picture that Plant himself said was his favorite. As I stated in my review of Godfathers The American Return, the two songs complement each other effectively, for, as Jimmy Page stated in an interview with Guitar World in 1993,The Song Remains The Samewas originally going to be an instrumental an overture that led into The Rain Song. Before The Song RemainsThe Same Plant makes scathing references to the press, referencing a paper thats published on the west coast that always seems tocriticize poor old English groups, andironically dedicating the song, to the musical papers that think we should remain a blues band. The Rain Song is beautifully executed here, andit constitutes a splendid conclusion to the first disc, marred only bywhat seems to bean equipment problem which results in a few seconds of loud and horrible noise near the end. jimmy page kron 3345-11 led zeppelin robert plant zezar stadium About This Item Description Additional Information KRON news footage from June 2nd 1973 featuring scenes of fans arriving at Kezar Stadium in San Francisco for a Led Zeppelin concert, including views of security throwing away one man's beer at the entrance. The definition of a rock band. The dove landed on it, purely by chance this was not a trained bird. San Francisco), Stairway to Heaven, Moby Dick, Heartbreaker, Whole Lotta Love (incl. Copyright 2009-2023 San Francisco State University. I love all the pictures and the story. The acoustic set was dropped for this tour, and No Quarter from Houses of the Holy was unveiled. A few scattered memories: somebody passed a gigantic joint, maybe two feet long, up to Robert Plant. High point: Having a photo of mine used on a box of Wheaties cereal., Low point: Having Bob Dylan call me a leech and I agreed with him., Top tip: You are not a member of the band, so dont act like you are., Access all areas: rock photography by Neal Preston in pictures, Original reporting and incisive analysis, direct from the Guardian every morning, 2023 Guardian News & Media Limited or its affiliated companies. The tremendous momentum is maintained with a crunchingCelebration Day and a thunderous Black Dog which here, as elsewhere on the tour,gains a few bars of Bring It On Home as an introduction. May 25, 1973 Salt Palace - May 26, 1973 Sports Arena - May 28, 1973 Kezar Stadium - June 2, 1973 The Forum - May 31, . The fairly typical set list for the tour was: Encores (variations of the following list): There were some set list substitutions, variations, and order switches during the tour. The sound isnt amplified, the speed/pitch seems to be corrected and splice between audience and soundboard are done in a truly perfect way, not missing any note from actual show! Godfather states that work has been done on the tape to eliminate fluctuations in sound and to reduce wind problems, an obvious potential hazard with an outdoor concert. (Godfatherecords G.R. Lewis states that, the band turned in a superb performance, one of the most memorable outdoor appearances of their career. Gassett calls it a generally superb show, and Anderson rates it, one of the best from this period.Hodges states that, they were at the peak of their career relaxed and confident, solid and tight, yet also taking chances. David Miller, Assistant Editor/Photo Editor of Brit Rock By The Bay, writes, musically, it was a great concert. A Celebration For Being Who You Are comes in Godfathers customary tri-fold sleeve, which features photographs from the show, including two of Plant holding one of the white doves released during the bands set. [7], Three sold-out shows at Madison Square Garden in New York City that concluded the tour were filmed for a motion picture, but the theatrical release of this project (The Song Remains the Same) was delayed until 1976. Reminds me of the great shots of Sydney '72. Four songs from the show (Heartbreaker, Whole Lotta Love, Communication Breakdown andThe Ocean) appear onLed Zeppelin:The Butterqueen (Unbelievable) and the complete show features on Vibes Are Real (Continental Sounds), Takka Takka (Tarantura), Persistence Kezar (Holy), Persistence (Cobla),Two Days After (Immigrant), Best Vibes In Frisco (Jelly Roll), Whos Next? [11] After each show, the band members would be transported direct by limousine from the concert venue to the airport, as depicted in the concert film, The Song Remains the Same. Neal Preston's best photograph: Robert Plant catches a dove, s far as I know, Im the only person ever to be, a picture I took of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. Before this, an instrumental section that would later resurface on Achilles Last Stand leads into Plant singing a snippet of Scott MacKenzies 1967 hit San Francisco. Each Zeppelin ticket was really unique, I only have a Seattle 77 ticket (and all my stubs from every gig I've seen - starting with Robert Plant in 1983) and have been searching for the Reykjavik ticket forever. Japan 2014. 6/2/73 Kezar Stadium San Francisco. We were among the first couple of thousand people there and were able to stake a claim to a spot about 100 feet from center stage. People often ask how wild it was, but I always say the same thing: If youre using wild as a metaphor for sex and drugs, then it was wilder far wilder being on the road with REO Speedwagon. Dont forget, Id been hired to do a job. Led Zeppelin performs at Kezar Stadium on June 2, 1973 in San Francisco, California. The tour was divided into two legs, with performances commencing on 4 May and concluding on 29 July 1973. But Zeppelin totally blew them away. The first encore is a blistering Communication Breakdown and then the show closes with The Ocean, the third song from the show to feature among Andersons killer versions. The event, and disc three, conclude with an outroduction frompromoter Bill Graham. [8], "I got to see Led Zeppelin at very close quarters on that tour, travelling as part of their entourage," recalled Roy Harper. After all this mayhem, things calm downtemporarilywith therelatively subduedstart ofOver The Hills And Far Away, which Plant states, is about the passage of man up and down the track. During the heavier, almost brutal,latter part of the song, Plant makes his customary reference toAcapulco gold, andprior to Misty Mountain Hop he goes on to comment on the smell of marijuana drifting up on to the stage, saying smells good up here, its all going in the right direction. At this point an enormous joint was thrown on to the stage, and we hear Plant stating thathe will save for later. 0:00 / 1:29:45 Led Zeppelin - Live in Tempe, AZ (July 20th, 1977) Led Zeppelin Boots 40.9K subscribers Subscribe 7.9K views 1 year ago As requested by TAFCIA, here is what some consider to. What could anyone really say, especially with our ears ringing like that? The band also dropped their acoustic set, which was not revived until the Earl's Court shows in May 1975. Led Zeppelin's shows evolved from those on previous tours, with the introduction of dry ice, laser effects, backdrop mirrors, hanging mirror balls and Catherine wheel pyrotechnics. Led Zeppelin - Kezar Stadium SF USA, June 2 1973. But when the cages opened, the birds flew out and one did a low pass over the audience, then must have taken too deep a breath of the San Francisco air remember, this was 1973 and there was a high chance of being dosed by some deadhead. I wasnt there to sit around consuming unmentionables and fuck everything in a skirt. He continued promoting stadium-sized concerts at Kezar Stadium in San Francisco with Led Zeppelin in 1973. The first show on May 26 featured the Grateful Dead, and the next weekend Led Zeppelin drew 50,000 to the stadium. Having sex in public now would likely get you added to the sex offender list in your county these days. I was such a huge Zeppelin fan (and still am), that the Stones could have played that day and I would still have been comparatively indifferent. I was happy with it, but you know what? It was the second large rock concert in a week at Kezar. DIVA is a project of Academic Technology at San Francisco State University. After performing a show at Kezar Stadium in San Francisco on June 2, Led Zeppelin encountered bad turbulence on a flight back to Los Angeles. Over 600,000 paying ticket-holders were in attendance. RT @60sPsychJukebox: .largest outdoor concert at Watkins Glen, New York with The Band, Grateful Dead, and The Allman Brothers Band. I am sorry if this conversation has been written before. Great pictures and interesting account of the scene. A repeat of that sentence opens disc two, though now we hear Plant go on to say, itreally blew it, it really blew it. [1] The resulting tour broke box office records across North America. History [ edit] (TDOLZ), and The Grateful Lead (Tarantura). The exterior of the plane was re-sprayed with Led Zeppelin emblazoned down the side of the fuselage." The band rose from the ashes of The Yardbirds, when Jimmy Page brought in John Bonham, John Paul Jones, and Robert Plant to tour as The New Yardbirds. ' This is another song on which Gassett maintains that Page is on top form, and another of Andersons killer versions. Disc two then concludes with what gsparaco rates as a very exciting rendition of Moby Dick, with John Bonham demonstrating hisastounding virtuosity on the drums forin excess oftwenty-seven minutes. New Submission. Led Zeppelin's show in San Francisco was supposed to be the huge finale to the long first leg of their most important tour. dancing hippies kezar stadium kpix 112452 led zeppelin psychedelic rock concerts About This Item Description Additional Information KPIX Eyewitness news report from June 2nd 1973 featuring brief, silent scenes of a large crowd enjoying a rock concert by the group Led Zeppelin at Kezar Stadium in San Francisco. The tour was divided into two legs, with performances commencing on 4 May and concluding on 29 July 1973. Or maybe it really was that way., After the concert I was unable to speak coherently for a long time. [6] The theft was discovered by Led Zeppelin tour manager Richard Cole, who was immediately interrogated by police as a suspect. I have this same ticket stub! Here is an account of the show by someone there: In June 1973 I was 15, living at 827 Shrader St., a block from Kezar Stadium. For the next three hours three hours of the loudest, most kick-ass, awe-inspiring concert ever the whole crowd was on its feet. And the din of the hordes. 22. r/ledzeppelin. [11][12] The exterior of the plane was re-sprayed with Led Zeppelin emblazoned down the side of the fuselage. That said, Lee Michaels did a good set, eating up an hour or so, and then Roy Harper sang for a while and nobody paid much attention. 3 CDr, Unofficial Release. Thank you for posting. Kezar Stadium 6/2/73 By ZepFanatic February 5, 2009 in Led Zeppelin Live Start new topic 1 2 Next Page 1 of 2 ZepFanatic Members 364 Gender:Male Location:Boston Posted February 5, 2009 Listening to this boot after not hearing it in a WHILE (I have the combo AUD/SBD version).fucking phenomenal. 29 Apr 2023 15:07:20 This was a case of being in the right place at the right time with the right lens. USA 2nd June 1973 Click Image To Enlarge After playing the Robert Plant, Kazaa Stadium named after the Fillmore time since It was the same San Francisco venue that I played in such a good feeling . Promoted by Bill Graham, it was their only concert with support with Roy Harper and Lee Michaels and The Tubes opening. Over 600,000 paying ticket-holders were in attendance. In 1973, Led Zeppelin embarked on their ninth American concert tour. Led Zeppelin - The Vibes are Real ( 2 CD SET ) ( Kezar Stadium San Francisco, June 2nd, 1973 ) Related products Elvis Presley - I'll Remember You ( Live at Las Vegas Hilton , February 3rd , 1973 , Midnight Show ) . 'With the dove and the Newcastle Brown Ale, it's so British and so Robert' the Led Zeppelin singer at Kezar Stadium, San Francisco, 1973. Led Zeppelin during their record breaking US tour. Recorded At - Kezar Stadium Notes Kezer Stadium, San Francisco, California, June 2nd, 1973 Issued in a tri-fold cardboard sleeve. Kezar Stadium 1973. This tour and others established Led Zeppelin as the boss, and ecstatic packed stadiums proved it. . What a great time that was! The cut/edit a littlebefore twenty-two minutes in Dazed And Confused (which seems to excise no actual music) is still noticeable but a little less jarring. Decoration on "The Plant" warehouse at 25th Street and Potrero Avenue - 1986, Northwest from Potrero Del Sol park - 1991, Bougainvillea and trumpet plant at 1413 San Bruno Avenue - 2006, East on 16th Street from Shotwell Street - 1983. As a result, Grant resolved to hire The Starship for the remainder of the tour, at a cost of $30,000. 539. Wendys issue,Mary Kezar,a three-CD set featuring thecomplete audience recording supplemented by the hour-long soundboard excerpt, was reviewed by gsparaco in April 2010. Last one I saw sold on eBay was for (approx) $500 USD. Led Zeppelin arrived extremely late for their performance and hurried on to the stage, only to find the start of the show held up by an equipment malfunction, so we hear Robert Plant talking to the audience for a while, before deciding to leave the stage. Concert info: http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/june-2-1973 Listen to Mothership https://lnk.to/StreamMothership Watch all episodes of Led Zeppelin History https://lnk.to/LedZeppelinHistoryID Subscribe to the Led Zeppelin channel https://lnk.to/YTLedZeppelinSubIDOfficial Led Zeppelin Playlists: Led Zeppelin - Essentials https://lnk.to/YTLedZeppelinEssentialsID The Led Zeppelin Rare Film Series https://lnk.to/LedZeppelinRareFilmID Led Zeppelin - Alternative Mixes \u0026 Deep Cuts https://lnk.to/LedZeppelinAltMixIDStay Connected with Led Zeppelin: Website http://www.ledzeppelin.com Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ledzeppelin Twitter http://www.twitter.com/ledzeppelin Instagram https://www.instagram.com/ledzeppelin ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The Led Zeppelin channel is the bands official YouTube home, featuring a catalog of official live performances, official music videos, Led Zeppelin History, archival footage, and Zeppelin-approved playlists. As far as the rest of the opening acts go, I have to say that I didnt give a damn about seeing any of them. Join. 29 Apr 2023 14:59:30 Join. The sum of money was the band's takings from their three New York concerts.

What Is Communication Climate In Relationships, Zoom Removed Time Limit, How To Keep A Whiskey Barrel From Falling Apart, Madison School Board Candidates 2021, Cj Johnson Pastor College Basketball, Articles K