However obstructed when things happening on the left side of the stage. Unlike many Broadway venues, the Ambassador Theatre has operated under the same name since opening in 1921. They are the most expensive seats, but the orchestra premiums provide the best view of faces and production details, and the front row mezzanine premiums provide the best view of the whole spectacle of WICKED. Good info on that link. In the event of a cast replacement, will a refund be granted? Just an opinion, but I would not sit in partial view seats. great legroom and comfortable seat. Helping sports, concert & theatre-goers see the view from their seat before buying tickets. Clear view from this seat, except for latecomer and bathroom traffic in cross aisle directly in front of this location. Group tickets are now on sale through November 19, 2023. Left orchestra, row DD for $105. 100 million sold,100% Buyer Guarantee. Other great seats for a Broadway show at Gershwin Theatre are seats in rows G-P in any Orchestra section or any seats in the Front Mezzanine. Recommended age for children is 8 and up. Which viewing platform if not great with heights, Soho Restaurants For A Sixteenth Birthday Dinner. You want your first Broadway experience to be amazing and that may make it fall a bit short. New concerts are announced frequently, for both Gershwin Theatre and other venues across the New York area. For questions about student groups, please see the Group Sales FAQ below. Seating view photos from seats at Gershwin Theatre, section Rear Mezzanine C. See the view from your seat at Gershwin Theatre., page 1. Please remember that, if you buy tickets through brokers or third party sellers, there will always be higher markups tacked on, with no guarantee of seat location. Scott Joplins Treemonisha, another Houston Grand Opera production, opened at the theatre and proved to be the most innovative show of the season. Seating Charts. To view an interactive Gershwin Theatre seating chart and seat views, click the individual event at Gershwin Theatre that you'd like to browse tickets for. Gershwin Theatre Seating Chart - Wicked Seating Info January 1, 2019 by Brett Goldberg Gershwin Theatre is one of the biggest and most well known theatre venues in New York City. Tickets you can trust: 100 million sold,100% Buyer Guarantee. Orchestra Seating Orchestra Seating - The Orchestra at Gershwin Theatre is home to the closest and best seats to see a Brodway show in New York. Reasonably priced seafood dinner in midtown / FinancialDist? Be aware that there is a low safety bar in front, which means the front row may not be ideal for short patrons or children. Trip Reports: Groups of Friends - Add yours! Gershwin Theater 588 Reviews #33 of 1,414 things to do in New York City Concerts & Shows, Theaters 222 W 52nd St, New York City, NY 10019-5802 Open today: 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM Save Small-Group Broadway Theater District and Times Square Walking Tour 15 Book in advance from $39.00 per adult Check availability View full product details Olivia C 5 5 venues that don't have sections around the entire stage) seat numbers follow a different logic. For example, obstructed view seats at Gershwin Theatre would be listed for the buyer to consider (or review) prior to purchase. Instead the lower numbered seats are typically closer to the center of the stage while higher seat numbers are further from the center of the stage. If Gershwin Theatre parking passes are available, check Vivid Seats for options to help you park. The Gershwin Theatre box office cannot print tickets purchased from a third-party website. Seating is split into a center section and two side sections. Wheelchair seating is available for purchase on the website or in person at the box office for a patron in a wheelchair plus one companion. more. Stretching across the streets surrounding Times Square, the famous theatre district comprises more than 40 venues. We like to "buy cheap seats to see more shows" but each person or family is different and knows what they want to do and experience. Tickets at the military rate are currently available for all performances, with the exception of Saturday evening performances. Section capacities are 1290 Orchestra and 636 Mezzanine. There is action all over the stageand some in other places! The legroom is incredible as a large and tall guy. WICKED and The Gershwin Theatre are following New York State, New York City and CDC guidelines to ensure the safety of all actors, production staff, theatre employees, and audience members. Good for the price, are obstructed because you cant see left back half of the stage. With a massive seating capacity of 1,900, the auditorium is located on the second floor which can be reached via escalators. Many people say that these seats are the best deal at WICKED. Registered in England and Wales 04120984. Reset. Please note that no food or drinks are allowed into the theater and must be consumed in the lobbies. Is it possible to meet cast members when Im at the show? Winners are announced two hours before the performance. Seat View From Front Mezzanine, Row EE Features & Amenities Mezzanine Seats at Gershwin Theatre refer to the upper portion of the venue. Events are listed in chronological order, beginning with the events happening closest to today. GERSHWIN THEATRE - 581 Photos & 329 Reviews - 222 West 51st St, New York, New York - Performing Arts - Phone Number - Yelp Restaurants Home Services Auto Services Gershwin Theatre 329 reviews Claimed Performing Arts Open 10:00 AM - 8:30 PM See hours See all 583 photos Write a review Add photo Review Highlights Comden and Green adapted their original MGM film, Singin in the Rain, for the stage in 1985. What do I do if I lost something at the theatre? Yes, there is different pricing. Gershwin Theatre Mezzanine 57 Mezzanine Photos SeatPlan members have added 57 Mezzanine view from seat photos to help you book Wicked tickets and more . Popular for not having a bad seat in the house, seating options across the Gershwin offer their own unique viewing advantages. 2nd row from the back. A center section is flanked by two side sections which are split into front and rear halves. Do I need to purchase tickets in advance? Pickings are slim right now. Highly recommend, especially for the lower price range! Refunds are not granted in the event of cast replacements. All rights reserved. Subject to availability not available for all performances. During the summer, the lower prices are generally at matinee performances (Wednesday and Saturday). A place to discuss all things Broadway as well as other plays and musicals! Don't forget to check our seat maps for view from seat photos and reviews from fellow theatregoers when you book. Since Gershwin Theatre is not very big, these seats still have good views to the stage. SeatPlan, 35 Kingsland Road, London E2 8AA. Wicked is worth it. In general, at Gershwin Theatre or other venues, bag policies regularly change to accommodate new guidelines and protocols. Hidden Gems in the city - not so touristy. Tickets go on sale approximately 6 months before the performance. I've tried looking this up but its all very confusing. Home of the Broadway smash-hit musical Wicked, the Gershwin Theatre was named in honor of one of America's greatest composers, George Gershwin, and his brother, lyricist Ira Gershwin. Note: You must have a printed coupon to receive the discounted rate. Yes. And let me know if there are any options you think might be better that aren't faded! Tickets at the student rate are currently available on performances on Sunday evening to Thursday evening through July 9. Premium tickets range from $192 $262, excluding holiday performances. Is there a study guide available for teachers or group leaders? Request one by sending an email to [email protected]. Have you looked at http://www.applause-ticket.com to see what they have? Learn More. The first 200 photos to be added on each Broadway venue are worth twice as much, so youll be earning Rewards quickly - all while helping fellow theatre-goers find that perfect seat. Actual seating may vary slightly. The standard sports stadium is set up so that seat number 1 is closer to the preceding section. T!ckets App - by RateYourSeats.comSports and Concert Tickets. Chicago Ask below in the comments! Where can I find the original Broadway cast recording and/or show merchandise? In 1979, the show won eight coveted Tony Awards. Gershwin Theatre tickets in 2023 cost $211.05 on average. Rex Harrison, Nancy Ringham, Milo O Shea and Cathleen Nesbitt starred in the lavish revival of My Fair Lady that same year. The stage is very low, so you will have no aching neck at the end; the legroom is unexpectedly fantastic; and seeing the cast and orchestra this clo Gershwin Theatre - New York, NY. There are no refunds or exchanges. There is a short wall in front of this row which makes it hard to cross your legs. And got the Mezz (high) rather than under the overhang. Is There Cheaper Lodging Outside Manhattan? What is the policy on guide dogs and service animals? Orchestra R section R row 20 seat nicksock Gershwin Theatre Wicked Student ticket- awesome view! 242 West 51st Street Our cast members love to hear from you, but we cannot guarantee that all letters will receive a response. The experience can differ depending on where you sit. More, Saw thanks. There are three different segments within the Mezzanine Level. Check Ticketmaster, Telecharge and http://www.broadwaybox.com - look at EVERY pull down price option. Can see the whole stage well but it's far. Learn More. We have everything you need to know about Gershwin Theatre from detailed row and seat numbers, to where the best seats are. Dark proscenium panels function as light towers, which are removable. Mid Mezzanine seats are in the middle of the upper level of the theatre (Rows F-G) however, there are a limited number of these seats available and they sell out quickly. To view an interactive Gershwin Theatre seating chart and seat views, click the individual event at Gershwin Theatre that you'd like to browse tickets for. perfect view, clear line of sight even with tall person in row ahead. Mezzanine Guide The Gershwin Theatre Mezzanine forms a balcony suspended above the Orchestra and stage. Please note the live and digital lotteries are currently unavailable, but will resume to their normal schedule Tuesday, April 18. I Would go with the j Mezz seats--- they are slighty closer to the middle but still on the right and for this show you are better off being higher up with no overhang. The cheapest day to go to an event at Gershwin Theatre is Thursday, where the average historical price for Gershwin Theatre events is $189.17. A bit disappointed with view for how much we paid, but overall a good seat. WICKEDs live ticket lottery opens two-and-a-half hours before each performance begins in the Gershwin breezeway. Front Mezzanine The original Broadway cast recording and show merchandise are available at the theatre in the upper lobby 45 minutes before show time, during intermission, and immediately after the show or may be purchased anytime online at wickedthemusicalstore.com. Orchestra C section G row 107 seat Justines Gershwin Theatre Wicked Good view! On November 28, 1972, the Gershwin opened as the Uris Theatre and it incorporated six levels of the Uris Building. Additionally, Vivid Seats was named to Newsweek's list of Best Customer Service three years in a row. Sitting in the Center Orchestra will give the best views for a performance. Stephen Sondheim and Hugh Wheelers thrilling hit production of Sweeney Todd, with Angela Lansbury and Len Cariou, also played at the theatre in the 1970s. Yes. Upload your seat view photos to earn Rewards points and get money off theatre tickets! The Gershwin Theatre has a capacity of 1926 seats. Whether you're coming from somewhere in the New York area or traveling from even further away, you're bound to have a good time at Gershwin Theatre. That's what I didn't know. Group prices vary by performance. Groups of 10 or more can receive 20% off all translation units. It was an unpromising beginning for the theatre, closing after only seven performances and losing over one million dollars. Still better than mezz in my opinion because the Gershwin has a very far set back mezz. The theatre's rotunda was designed to showcase the names and photographs of Broadway's own Theater Hall of Fame. Subject to availability. A little far back but great seats over all. Take note that the cheap Gershwin Theatre tickets will be listed at the top, with more expensive options underneath. The Gershwin Theatre welcomes patrons ages 5 and older. GovX members can also access tickets here. My first experience of a broadway show was in the 1st row of the Orchestra (left). Seating is split into a center section and . The seats are Orch Y 20-28. New York or DC for family vacation in July? very little leg room because there is a wall in front of you so if you're tall, i don't suggest this row. There are partial view side seats sold for $55. Go for full view seats for your first Broadway experience. We saw WICKED from the far right end of the 9th row and again from the far left of the balcony. Learn more about Behind the Emerald Curtain here. Tickets at the student ($69) rate are available in-person at the Gershwin Theatre box office with a valid college, university ID. Seat selection for Wicked on Broadway (Gershwin Theatre), Scan this QR code to download the app now. Trip Reports: Families of Adults - Add yours! Welcome to SimpleSeats' detailed Gershwin Theatre seating chart page. Im driving into New York City where can I park? What is the seating procedure for latecomers? I'd rather pay a markup and sit in better seats. Are they better or worse than Right Mezz J 10-18, in your opinion. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Please inform your ticket sales representative if any accommodations are required. How long will the show be running and how far out are tickets on sale? Re: gershwin theatre and obstructed seats? I just bought my tickets thru broadwaybox as you all suggested. Are the New York Pass, Explorer Pass or CityPass worth it? Can I trust that Ticketmaster would tell me if they are partially obstructed? Which performances have the best seats available? As of July 1, 2022, face masks are optional for audience members attending Broadway shows. Violating this rule may subject you to a permanent ban with no additional warning. Tips, Hint and Suggestions for First Timers. The Gershwin Theatre was named to honor one of Americas famous composers, George Gershwin, and one of its best lyricists, his brother, Ira. Tickets are currently on sale through October 28, 2023. With an unassuming brown-brick exterior and Adamesque plasterwork interior designed by architect Herbert Krapp, the theater has long been used for musicals and plays, with a brief interval as a radio and movie house in the 1940s-50s. Specifically, the closest seats in rows AA-EE and A-F will provide a very memorable experience thanks to a centered location and a close proximity to the stage. The tickets I have found are; Orch Stad : Row Q Seats 107 & 109 F Mezz: Row B seats 108 & 107 Classic old nyc theatre thats limited on space but the seating plan still ensures a good view. I would go for the center section I sat partial view once and will never do that again, always center for me now. It's a single seat (no one to get up for). There are designated wheelchair and companion seats in the rear of the Orchestra section on the third floor and the mezzanine section on the fourth floor. I'm Getting Married in NYCwhat do I need to do? Very pleased! SeatPlan, 35 Kingsland Road, London E2 8AA. The Orchestra at Gershwin Theatre is home to the closest and best seats to see a Brodway show in New York. When the theater mogul Shubert brothers planned their theater complex, the Ambassadors plot was set diagonally. Will come in handy next week. Select Your Dates. By purchasing a ticket or signing up, you agree to the. Public transportation and ride share services are other options for you to get to Gershwin Theatre. The Gershwin Theatre offers soft drinks, water, cocktails and candy 45 minutes before the show and during intermission. The Gershwin Theater has a total seat count of over 1900 across 2 primary sections - Orchestra (1290 seats) and Mezzanine (636 seats). anonymous Apr 23, 2023 This was an ok seat. St., New York, NY Phone number: (212) 586-6510. Can get tickets to Wicked that are partial view. Gershwin Theatre Bag Policy 2023 The rest of the Gershwin Theatre events schedule follows after that. When looking at tickets, look at seats in the Center Orchestra section. The seating procedure for latecomers varies by seat section. Support A View From My Seat by using the links below to purchase tickets from our trusted partners. Is the theatre wheelchair accessible? One thing I would advise is not to choose an isle seat in this theater, opt more for a middle seat. Premium seats are the best seats in the house and are generally in the first twenty rows center orchestra (or just off the center aisles on either side), or the first two center rows of the front mezzanine. The Gershwin Theatre is also equipped with an Induction Loop System for patrons with telecoil equipment. Our student ticket dates that are updated regularly apply to single tickets only, not groups. Devices are available free-of-charge on the second level of the theater: hand-held captioning devices for people who are deaf or hard of hearing and audio descriptions devices for people who are blind or visually impaired. Vivid Seats can help you browse upcoming events scheduled for Gershwin Theatre, whether they're happening this weekend or sometime in 2024. From Danny Kayes Broadway debut in The Straw Hat Revue (1939) to Christopher Walken and Rosemary Harris in The Lion in Winter (1966), plenty of leading lights in the acting world have drawn audiences. Click to Zoom, or use the player controls. on 18 September 2021. Which of the options that I circled would give me the better experience? Hover over the seating plan for zoom viewing. These seats are located in rows AA-EE and A-K on the outside aisles of the Left and Right Orchestra sections. Seat View From Orchestra Center, Row W Features & Amenities The Orchestra at Gershwin Theatre is home to the closest and best seats to see a Brodway show in New York. For a full list of accessibility features visit: theatreaccess.nyc/shows/1617/Wicked. Parking may be available for events at Gershwin Theatre. In 1987, trained skaters skyrocketed into the theatre onto a brilliant set designed by John Napier for Andrew Lloyd Webber and Richard Stilgoes Starlight Express. Driving Directions: Gershwin Theatre, 222 West 51st. Wicked. Where do you go when you GOTTA GO? Stadium seats are in the back half of the orchestra of the theatre, and start as low as $115 on weeknights for certain performances. It was the first new legitimate Broadway venue constructed since 1928. On June 5, 1983, during the Tony Awards program, the venue was renamed the Gershwin. For the most up-to-date information regarding Covid safety protocols, please refer to bdway.nyc. Front Mezzanine seats are at the front of the upper level of the theatre (Rows A-E). The stage floor is flexible and can be taken apart or extended into a thrust stage. Tickets at the military rates ($79) are available in-person at the Gershwin Theatre box office with a valid military ID. Yes. These locations are the ONLY ones that do not involve steps. Whether you want front row seats, a balcony view or anything in between, Vivid Seats can help you find just right the tickets to help you experience it live. And let me know if there are any options you think might be better that aren't faded! I found a great detailed map, but again, it does not tell me which ones are obstructed. Please remember the theatre is air conditioned during the summer months; sweaters are recommended. That production won the Tony Award for Best Revival. Please visit our group sales page to see pricing information. Please note that military rates are currently unavailable, but will resume on Tuesday, April 18. Check prices for any show by clicking on the name of the event you're interested in. To reserve, pre-purchase, or for more information please visit www.soundassociates.com. On a big spectacular show like WICKED, they provide a great view of the whole production. 20112023 SeatPlan.com. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Significantly cheaper than the row in front, so it's a good deal. Use our interactive seating chart to view 147 seat reviews and 136 photos of views from seat. The Gershwin Theatre Orchestra is the venue's largest section and closest to the stage. Are there concessions inside the theatre? Gershwin Theatre 222 West 51st Street New York, NY 10019 View on Map The Gershwin Theatre has recently updated their health & safety policies. Are there translation devices available for groups? Visit our group sales page to submit a request for group tickets to WICKED. Linda Eder at the Gershwin26-Dec-2001 30-Dec-2001, Riverdance On Broadway16-Mar-2000 26-Aug-2001, Men are from Mars, Women are From Venus27-Jan-1997 1-Feb-1997, Something Wonderful12-Jul-1995 12-Jul-1995, Tommy Tune Tonite!28-Dec-1992 3-Jan-1993, Moscow Circus Cirk Valentin6-Nov-1991 1-Dec-1991, Fiddler on the Roof18-Nov-1990 16-Jun-1991, Bugs Bunny on Broadway4-Oct-1990 23-Oct-1990, Meet Me in St. Louis2-Nov-1989 10-Jun-1990, Barry Manilow at the Gershwin18-Apr-1989 10-Jun-1989, Starlight Express15-Mar-1987 8-Jan-1989, Singin in the Rain2-Jul-1985 18-May-1986, Cyrano de Bergerac16-Oct-1984 19-Jan-1985, Much Ado About Nothing14-Oct-1984 16-Jan-1985, Patti La Belle on Broadway11-Sep-1984 Closing date unknown, Nureyev and Friends16-Aug-1984 26-Aug-1984, Shirley MacLaine on Broadway19-Apr-1984 27-May-1984, The Pirates of Penzance8-Jan-1981 8-Aug-1981, Makarova and Company1-Sep-1980 1-Sep-1980, Boston Ballet Company1-Sep-1980 1-Sep-1980, The Bat20-Aug-1980 Closing date unknown, Coppelia20-Aug-1980 Closing date unknown, Marcel Proust Remembered20-Aug-1980 Closing date unknown, Dance Theatre of Harlem25-Feb-1980 8-Mar-1980, Barry Manilow on Broadway21-Dec-1976 2-Jan-1977, Bing Crosby on Broadway7-Dec-1976 19-Dec-1976, Al Green / Ashford & Simpson3-Jun-1976 6-Jun-1976, The Pirates of Penzance6-May-1976 23-May-1976, Dance Theatre of Harlem1-Mar-1976 1-Mar-1976, Push Comes to Shove9-Jan-1976 Closing date unknown, Fonteyn & Nureyev on Broadway18-Nov-1975 29-Nov-1975, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, and Count Basie12-Sep-1975 20-Sep-1975, Seals and Crofts, with Walter Heath11-Mar-1975 16-Mar-1975, Flower Festival in Genzano26-Dec-1974 12-Jan-1975, The Moors Pavane26-Dec-1974 12-Jan-1975, Raphael in Concert with The Voices of New York19-Dec-1974 22-Dec-1974, The Fifth Dimension with Jo Jos Dance Factory27-Nov-1974 8-Dec-1974, Johnny Mathis and The Miracles13-Nov-1974 24-Nov-1974, Anthony Newley / Henry Mancini31-Oct-1974 10-Nov-1974, Andy Williams with Michel Legrand16-Oct-1974 27-Oct-1974, Enrico Macias and his La Fete Orientale Co.1-Oct-1974 1-Oct-1974. Stephanie J. For all performances, attire should be comfortable and appropriate for the occasion. Click here to view a map. We don't seem to have any photos from this section. First timer to NYC in less than 2 weeks and overwelmed!! Chicago Stadium seating on the Orchestra level refers to rows Q-Z. OK, as long as the action was at the front of the stage but the majority of shows utilise the full stage area. Yes. Remember this is my first broadway show and want it to be a good experience without breaking the ban. Where is WICKED being performed and how do I get to the theatre?

Power Bi Calculate Average Of A Column, How Much Does It Cost To Play Eybl, Adrian Scarborough In Harry Potter, Jamie Redknapp Clothing, Articles G