There was a problem saving your notification. Alternatively, FlixBus operates a bus from Paris to Marseille twice daily. Benjamin F. Westhoff, attorney for the employee, said that on June 9, the jury award $1.75 million in actual damages and $250,000 in punitive damages. ft. But when Frank O. Pinion (real name: John Craddock) takes the mic on KFNS in St. Louis, fans tuning in can rightfully claim they know sports better than the host they're listening to. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. Hear the audio that matters most to you. This allegedly occurred when the two worked together at St. Louis Sports Radio talk The Big 550 AM KTRS. Jury awards $2 million to former KTRS, Frank O. Pinion staffer. U.S. energy secretary backs plan to test all Hazelwood schools for radiation, as well as pay for new construction in districts with nuclear co. The unnamed plaintiff alleges that St. Louis talk host Frank O. Pinion discussed the plaintiff's stint in a rehab facility on his radio show on several occasions, thereby violating his privacy. All rights reserved. "Two weeks from today will be our last show. In 18 months, we went from 15th to second in the morning ratings, second only to KMOX.. "I don't know anything about anything. 7.5K views, 254 likes, 9 loves, 49 comments, 7 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Frank O. Pinion and the Large Morning Show in the Afternoon: An update on my temporary unemployment. Its been beyond a good deal, he relates. (LogOut/ He is the highest rated and highest paid radio personality in St. Louis. Heres last weeks segment. He offered no further specifics. Frank O. Pinion and his cast rolled in to man the afternoon drive-time slot at KFNS (590 AM) on Mondays-Thursdays with a popular entertainment-oriented show that had aired on KTRS (550 AM) for two . The day after the resignation, the suit claims Cradock said the staffer did us a tremendous favor by stepping aside. The suit, which also names KTRS as a defendant, is seeking over $50,000 in damages. Longtime St. Louis radio talk show host Frank O. Pinionreal name John Craddockis being sued by a former coworker who alleges that Craddock told listeners the coworker was in rehab for substance abuse. Smorgasbord of new restaurants opening in St. Louis Midtown neighborhood this spring, summer, 10 St. Louis women honored with the Women of Achievement award, 'Chihuly in the Garden 2023' brings a pioneering artist back to St. Louis in an ambitious exhibition, Designer insights with Sara Tran of Sara Studio, Smithey Container Homes to design shipping-container rental houses that will support St. Louis area artists, 10 ways to spend a rainy day in the St. Louis area, 4 places with summer classes for creative adults, The best art fairs and festivals in St. Louis 2023, This St. Louis area interior designer imbues sentimentality into her home's interiors, St. Louis pediatrician talks benefits of outdoor playtime for kids, Orange crush: Webster Groves family falls for colorful home redesign, Houska Gallery in the Central West End presents 'A New Land,' an art exhibition by Mark Travers, Neon Banana offers healthy fare with a twist, CBD in beauty and skincare products: what to know, Strong performances are beyond doubt in Prism Theatres production of Doubt. Our political newsletter featuring local and national updates and analysis. ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH's JOE HOLLEMAN reports, Day Three At The All Access Audio Summit 2023: Radio's Future, Social Media, And A Lot Of Talk, All Access Audio Summit 2023's In-The-Moment Presentation Is Wrapped Up And On-Demand Streaming Of All 18 Sessions Begins Tomorrow, Recap: Late Friday, Troy Hanson Confirmed Hes Exiting Cumulus VP/Programming-Rock Formats, VP/Operations & PD WKQX (Q101)/Chicago, Longtime Morning Anchor Lee Harris Exiting WINS/New York, KYSR (Alt 98.7)/Los Angeles Ups Christen Limon To Music Coordinator. Copyright 2023 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Other boundaries include Italy to the . Keep up the great content. Its unheard of. The money has enabled him to become a helicopter and airplane pilot. The allegations stem from Frank O. Pinion's time at CH Holdings ' KTRS, St. Louis (named as a co-defendant for failing to prevent the O. Pinion . Frank O. Pinion The Large Morning Show in the Afternoon. Frank Darby 6. Subscribe with this special offer to keep reading, (renews at {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}}/month + tax). I shouldnt even have a show, Pinion, aka John Craddock, says. I dont know anything about anything. The host (real name John Craddock) of "The Large Morning Show", in the afternoon on 550 KTRS, lives here. I dont want to spend five years redeveloping what I already have done. His last three years were spent at KFNS (590 AM), where his general-interest program did not fit in when the station changed gears and returned to sports-exclusive programming and placed longtime St. Louis sports media figure Bernie Miklasz in that afternoon drive-time slot. This spring, Le Creuset has introduced an exciting new shade thats already selling fast: shallot, a soft lavender with pink and slight gray undertones. Craddock has worked in St. Louis radio for more than 35 years. His listeners will tell you the same thing. Catchers once in a lifetime lunge saves Cardinals, Another St. Louis judge files to hold Kim Gardner in contempt of court, Governor threatens to keep Missouri lawmakers in session over transgender rules, Barat Academy in Chesterfield to close after years of financial troubles, The world watches (and makes donations) as St. Louis bald eagle raises eaglet from a rock, Court records online include private information for thousands of Missouri residents, Archdiocese releases third draft of proposed changes to St. Louis parishes. Pinion says the paychecks arent quite what they used to be, but hes still laughing all the way to the bank. Frank, like a lot of people, got more conservative and reactionary as he got older. Welcome to AllAccess.com, the web's largest radio and music industry community. He has a big boat and a house on the Lake of the Ozarks, but he also has things that money cant buy. Oct 20, 2017 Updated Apr 4, 2021. Please log in if you don't want to post $4,560,476. Sports, music, news, audiobooks, and podcasts. I chit-chatted, told a joke, and I left and that is what changed my life. Pinion originally had been named in the suit, but he was dismissed as a defendant last year. Get the latest local business news delivered FREE to your inbox weekly. What do you think? document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. Its a free fall that is only halted by the need to show the sponsors love. The host (real name John Craddock) of "The Large Morning Show", in the afternoon on 550 KTRS, lives here. Craddock was the afternoon jock at KTRS for about 20 years, but left in 2018. Square footage (land): 130,680 sq. Add your comment below. : 2020AP1454 COMPLETE TITLE: Neil J. Rennick, Plaintiff-Appellant, v. Teleflex Medical Incorporated, Defendant-Respondent-Petitioner, WEA Insurance Corporation, Defendant. ST. LOUIS talk radio personality FRANK O. PINION, who recently moved from CH HOLDINGS News-Talk KTRS-A to crosstown MARKEL MEDIA Sports KFNS-A, has been sued by a former staffer who . Also featuring: Bill Clevlen, Mike Evans, Dr. Doug, Scott Sherman and Johnny Londoff. O. Pinion hires and pays the other members of the show, but an insider says O. Pinion was told to fire Dailey, or management would do it for him. Your killing my speakers and ears. And if theres one thing Pinion apparently knows how to do, its sell. He created the Frank O. Pinion character in 1984 while working for country station KUSA. People are . They are brilliant with updates there, and will give info when they receive it. The suit says the man, who was in a rehabilitation facility from Aug. 15 to Aug. 29, heard that his condition was being discussed on the air, as well as generating posts on social media, and then called Craddock to resign. We all know by now. ", The plaintiff was in rehab from AUGUST 15th through the 29th and says he heard about the on-air discussions and called to resign, about which PINION allegedly said on the air that the plaintiff "did us a tremendous favor by stepping aside.". Ive experienced the other end of the road in that department, finding my limitation resided in my inability to sell radio advertising. He then worked at KFNS (590 AM) until October 2020. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. (LogOut/ Persons of Interest: Frank O. Pinion. Frank O. Pinion says he is unlikely to return to radio. Last chance! There will be a sequel, ladies and gentlemen. Listen to Frank O. Pinion The Large Morning Show in the Afternoon on Spotify. If you get a calculator and run the numbers, then youll go, Holy mackerel!. LOUIS Circuit Court on OCTOBER 6th. He said he wanted to leave KTRS and added he was not retiring from radio. Frank O. Pinion sued for discussing employee's rehab stint on the air. Good banter starts with a cold burn, and then everyone jumps in. Tickets cost 110 - 150 and the journey takes 3h 19m. Post-Dispatch file photo by Larry Williams. Bad news doesnt need an intro. You have to put the hammer down.. And who can argue with him? Frank and company present a challenging and highly rewarding experience for me. You have permission to edit this article. "I don't even know how radio works. Federal government will again allow sale of higher-grade ethanol during summer months, an action supported by most lawmakers in Bi-State area . Jay Kulinas Moment! The unnamed plaintiff claims Craddock told listeners that the staffer had to go get help to deal with substances, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. That led to a part-time gig as a bit player on KSD AM, where he did a parody of radio czar Robert Hyland in a character he created named Ed E. Torial. That probably now will turn into never, he said this week. Im a fill-in host on a talk show there, but unfortunately, the fact that weve been known to frequent the same airwaves is the only thing our careers have in common especially when it comes to pay. Hes also a media and public relations consultant with Paul Brown Media. The lawsuit does not name the plaintiff. The suit claims Craddock talked about the subject at least six times and upon hearing about the on-air chatter and subsequent social postings, the staffer resigned from his position at the station. Q: I listen to the Frank O. Pinion show once . Privacy Policy. 3 Beds 3 Baths 1496.18 ft. Frank will tell you that. I could talk all day, but my face couldnt even sell at night. I love where Im at right now. anonymously (anonymous users cannot post links). Noticed after switched from old to new podcast. It was not my intention to leave, and I dont miss being on the air. It borders on the departments of Var and Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, and Italy to the east. Theyre in trouble, like TV is in trouble from a revenue standpoint.. Apartment in Cannes, Provence-Alpes-Cte d'Azur, France. As Frank O. Pinion, Craddock held down afternoon drive on KTRS for 20 years before his recent move to crosstown McKernan Radio Group sports 590 The Fan KFNS. You only accomplish that if you can sell yourself, the show, and keep it strong for long enough so the money doesnt eventually run away. John Craddock, as Frank O. Pinion, has been off the air for a year now after a highly successful run of nearly four decades. ST. LOUIS talk radio personality FRANK O. PINION, who recently moved from CH HOLDINGS News-Talk KTRS-A to crosstown MARKEL MEDIA Sports KFNS-A, has been sued by a former staffer who alleges that PINION (real name JOHN CRADDOCK) talked on the air about the staffer going into rehab for substance abuse. Get Premium Download App Listen Merch Listen Now Discover Premium Shows Likes Frank O. Pinion The Large Morning Show in the Afternoon . Local talk-radio fixture Frank O. Pinion talked too much, lawyers for one of his former staffers contend. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns up one day on one of the four right-wing talk radio stations here in the STL metro. An outfield in flux. Copyright 2023 All Access Music Group. Josh Ali 8. Monday through Thursday from 3PM until 6PM Frank O. Pinion and the gang make you laugh all the way home on your afternoon commute. His show always makes me and his loyal listeners laugh, and thats a big reason hes been so successful. Its not always easy to get a word in, or maintain everyones attention with a review, but the hour never bores and the time flows like a river on a spring day. It was on a Sunday that I came up with the name Frank O. Pinion, and on Monday, I was doing a five-minute bit, he says. No way. The ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH's JOE HOLLEMAN reports that the suit was filed by a plaintiff using a John Doe identity against PINION and KTRS/ST. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Sign up for our newsletter to keep reading. Im pretty comfortable with that, I must say. He and his crew would work for free, but every hour that he was on, he would get commercial time available for sale. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. I want people on the way home, at least a couple of times, to just lose it laughing, he says. I always come in and leave with a smile. McGraw Milhaven told his audience during the . document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Frank O. Pinion may be leaving 590 The Fan, but hes not done with radioyet, Donuts and Beer with Dan and John: Ant-Man 3 and St. Louis sportsdiscussion, The Dose Dispatch: In case you missed me thismonth. 3 Beds 1614.59 ft. A KTRS staffer says O. Pinion was tired of Dailey anyway, and the order gave . {{start_at_rate}} {{format_dollars}} {{start_price}} {{format_cents}} {{term}}, {{promotional_format_dollars}}{{promotional_price}}{{promotional_format_cents}} {{term}}, Cardinals send prized prospect Jordan Walker to Class AAA in curious series of moves, Rudderless ship of chaos: St. Louis judge advances Kim Gardner contempt case, What Oliver Marmols gamble in ninth vs. LA reveals about managing to spark Cardinals, How sending Jordan Walker to Class AAA is a bet clarity can correct muddled outfield: Cardinals Extra, Messenger: Kim Gardner drives the judicial bus over her employees and into the ditch, A closer on ice. You have permission to edit this article. In the interests of full disclosure, Im a colleague of sorts with Pinion at KTRS. Alpes Maritimes is part of the Provence-Alpes-Cte d'Azur region. Shadow Year built: 1982. Last chance! Everyone support the sponsors! Spend time with your kids, he says reflectively. But Im not interested.. Paul Brown is a longtime journalist on radio, on television and in print as a reporter, an anchor, a talk show host and a columnist. It took me at least six months to settle in and realize what its like to not be working, he said. When Craddock left, he told listeners that it likely would be a while until he returned to the airwaves. His family then moved to Waterloo, Illinois, and he graduated from high school in 1967. The Large Morning Show in The Afternoon is coming to a close at 590 The Fan. View the profiles of people named Frank O'Pinion. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. I dont even know how radio works. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. KTRS station management tells FOX 2 that Craddock came to them about the decision. I spent 35 years talking about neither, and I did OK, he said. It was a year ago Friday . Bushs bill serves as companion to legislation proposed in February by U.S. Sen. Josh Hawley, who got final approval Wednesday from the Senate. Its a place where I have learned so much about getting it right. I refuse to believe it for a variety of reasons, chief among them being the unbreakable success O. Pinion has enjoyed on the air. I had a really good run for a long time, he added, still thinking it was a mistake by KFNS to drop his show. Absolutely not.. ST. LOUIS After more than 20 years on the air, radio personality Frank O. Pinion announced his departure from KTRS 550 AM. Note: VirtualGlobetrotting is an entertainment website is and is not associated Cardinals latest, deflating loss compounds concerns, Man shot, killed near Kiener Plaza in downtown St. Louis, What was Andrew Knizner thinking? Continue reading. Much intrigue surrounds the news that Terry Dailey is no longer a part of the Frank O. Pinion show on KTRS (550 AM). All 3 hours of each daily show are available. Frank has loyal listeners AND sponsors, which always keeps someone in the game. About the Property Shadow Year built: 1982 Square footage (land): 130,680. Also, this isnt the end of me talking film and TV with Frank. August 05, 2017 7:00 AM. The Large Morning Show in The Afternoon is coming to a close at 590 The Fan. Specifically, the suit claimed that Piniontalked repeatedly on the air in 2017 about the fact that the employee was in rehab. You have permission to edit this article. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Sofia Coppola's easy to please drama-comedy hybrid was 90 minutes . The unnamed plaintiff claims Craddock told listeners that the staffer "had to go get help" to "deal . Try Frank O. Pinion's "large morning show in the afternoon," weekdays on KTRS (550 AM). OCT 29, 2020; Hour 3 10/29/20 Hour 3 10/29/20 . {{start_at_rate}} {{format_dollars}} {{start_price}} {{format_cents}} {{term}}, {{promotional_format_dollars}}{{promotional_price}}{{promotional_format_cents}} {{term}}, Post-Dispatch file photo by Larry Williams, . ". Last chance! The final episode will air September 14, he said. John Craddock, as Frank O. Pinion, has been off the air for a year now after a highly successful run of nearly four decades. Longtime St. Louis radio talk show host Frank O. Pinionreal name John Craddockis being sued by a former coworker who alleges that Craddock told listeners the coworker was in rehab for substance abuse. PSA: Dose of Buffa content is moving to the Ramble Onnewsletter! I would check their Facebook page. Its just a piercing feeling followed by a resilience that reminds you the show must go on. The employee, who was listed as "John Doe" in the suit and had worked for Pinion (aka John Craddock) for 19 years, alleged that KTRS did not "exercise reasonable care to prevent Craddock from disclosing private information.". A good reason to join Facebook. Sadie Smith of Kirkwood and Steven Stallis of Ballwin were first-time winners in the 2023 Go! Price On Request. Frank O. Pinion's House (Google Maps). I could do one in my sleep 30 minutes, an hour, whatever. Creighton center Ryan Kalkbrenner has entered his name into the NBA draft, according to the league'searly entry list released Tuesday night. On Aug. 21, Craddock told listeners that the man "had to go get help" to "deal with substances," the suit alleges. Frank O. Pinion may be leaving 590 The Fan, but he's not done with radio yet. But it was a good three years, I have no complaints and I dont hold any ill feelings. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. Frank O. Pinion is leaving KTRS, but that doesn't mean he's off the air for good. In a lawsuit filed Oct. 6 in St. Louis Circuit Court, a man who worked 19 years for Pinion (whose real name is John Craddock) alleges that Craddock broadcast live on KTRS-AM 550 the fact that the man had entered a substance abuse rehab facility. Apartment in Cannes, Provence-Alpes-Cte d'Azur, France. If youre thinking of altering your workout routine, youre probably looking for new exercises and equipment to help you reach your fitness goals. The man is identified in the suit as "John Doe," as a judge's ruling notes that use of his name could lead to further embarrassment and damage future employment. Hes been at this longer than I have been alive, and thats not a quiet smack. Theyre his most valuable assets. Local talk-radio fixtureFrank O. Pinion talked too much, lawyers for one of his former staffers contend. Craddock was the afternoon jock at KTRS for 20 years, leaving last monthunder circumstances that he described as "not amicable." rule limiting trans, BestReviews.com - Top gifts to make everyone happy this spring, Surprise your mom with one of these Mothers Day, Mothers Day inspo: This foot massager has 20,000, Drew Barrymores Walmart collection is perfect for, Best Mothers Day gifts for the budding plant mom, Best Mothers Day Gifts for moms obsessed with books, Viral: Woman steals ball from little girl at Astros, 3 teens, 1 adult killed in Hwy 79 collision in Lincoln, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. People (in management) have lost the ability to think outside the box. 13 Beds 12 Baths 9041.68 ft. He is the highest rated and highest paid radio personality in St. Louis. This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Making money on a podcast is nearly impossible without a lot of work. Frank O. Pinion Sued For Being Too Frank About Coworker. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Frank O. Pinion The Large Morning Show in the Afternoon Frank O. Pinion Society & Culture 4.6 49 Ratings; Monday through Thursday from 3PM until 6PM Frank O. Pinion and the gang make you laugh all the way home on your afternoon commute. Theyre in trouble, like TV is in trouble from a revenue standpoint, Cardinals send prized prospect Jordan Walker to Class AAA in curious series of moves, Rudderless ship of chaos: St. Louis judge advances Kim Gardner contempt case, What Oliver Marmols gamble in ninth vs. LA reveals about managing to spark Cardinals, How sending Jordan Walker to Class AAA is a bet clarity can correct muddled outfield: Cardinals Extra, Messenger: Kim Gardner drives the judicial bus over her employees and into the ditch, A closer on ice. Ive reviewed films with them nearly as long as theyve been at KFNS, a time period that spans three years but feels like so much longer. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. We have money to spend, whether on travel, cars or other expensive items, he said. For more information, please see our Subscribe with this special offer to keep reading, (renews at {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}}/month + tax). Despite the improbabilities, Frank O. Pinion seems to have it all. If you want to plan the perfect spring picnic, food and drink are important, but its certainly not the only factor to consider. There is nothing to keep a radio station in St. Louis from turning the market upside down by not ignoring the 50-plus audience.. ASE NO. His attorney, Donna L. Harper, could not be reached for comment. Last week on The Large Morning Show in The Afternoon, I reviewed the new Bill Murray film, "On the Rocks.". Sign up for our newsletter to keep reading. Bushs bill serves as companion to legislation proposed in February by U.S. Sen. Josh Hawley, who got final approval Wednesday from the Senate. Bad news doesn't need an intro. But after the business, the fun continues. I want everybody to be able to listen. In a lawsuit filed . But is it in my blood? Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Ra'Shaun Henry Facebook gives people the power. Contact. 27ms. Craddock could not be reached for comment. Also, if you subit a Google Maps URL as you did you must submit a Google Maps thumbnail to match it. I don't!". and our U.S. Rep. Jason Smith stopped in southeast Missouri portion of his district to hear from businesses about difficulties dealing with federal go. Monday through Thursday from 3PM until 6PM Frank O. Pinion and the gang make you laugh all the way home on your afternoon commute. Pinion (real name John Craddock) made the announcement during Thursdays edition of his Large Morning Show in the Afternoon program. Listen to Frank, Dan, Limey and Tim work their magic. ST. LOUIS - After more than 20 years on the air, radio personality Frank O. Pinion announced his departure from KTRS 550 AM. You have to put the hammer down.". You have permission to edit this article. There was a problem saving your notification. REVIEW OF DECISION OF THE COURT OF APPEALS Reported at 402 Wis. 2d 308,974 N.W.2d 982 (2022 - unpublished) OPINION FILED: April 28, 2023 SUBMITTED ON BRIEFS: A native St. Louisan, Paul Brown is a lifelong journalist. He now works the same shift at KFNS-AM 590. 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. You feel better when you laugh.. Scotty Miller 4. He is philosophical when reflecting on his St. Louis radio career, which included highly successful runs as a host and country music DJ before the Pinion role really took hold, especially for 20 years at KTRS (550 AM). When Pinion came to KTRS, he worked out a deal with management. TGV inOui operates a train from Paris Gare De Lyon to Marseille St Charles hourly. Created with Sketch.

Lifetime Fitness Salaries, Will Lc9 Magazine Work In Ec9s, Derrick Todd Lee Last Words, Articles F