Good luck you a link to reset your password. Hodgdon reloading site has quite a few loads if you click on buckshot and then click on 900 (actually means 9-00 buck) shot weight and the powders you have, I've loaded the Challenger's with BB's and found you can't overload them because the plastic is so thin that you will get protrusions on the hulls. Give a Gift So I usually take them apart and do them again. When it comes to overloading your round, the best case scenario is creating a round thats more powerful than you can manage, hurting your accuracy and possibly you with excessive recoil, but you can also end up with a round that creates too much pressure, damaging your gun. On a 16 ga Cheddite hull I had a Win 209 primer fall out into the action of my M12 a ew years ago. JavaScript is disabled. Second Media Corp., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Refer to your specific manufacturers bushing tables for the appropriate size bushings for the propellant charge weight you want. We know this is just scratching the surface of the world of reloading, we have a lot more information in our Beginners Guide to Reloading! But who uses actual books anymore? This will be 1 1/8oz load and would like to know what would be the best wad to use. The site itself is straightforward enough. In the UK, they are not universally available, so I always look out for them at shooting grounds. Just select the cartridge and bullet weight (or gauge, shell, load type, and shot weight) that you want to use, then look at the data to see what powder produces the velocity and pressure youre looking for. Used in 12ga 1oz loads." the load data shows pretty low pressures. I go back and fourth to euro hulls for my 20 gauge so that is not a problem. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets. Want reloading data that's correct, updated, and free? I ordered three flats to try out, will pick them up later this month. Manufacturers of shotshell reloaders offer a range of bushing sizes to allow a range of propellant charge weights. Cheddite 10ga 3-1/2 (86mm) hulls (50/bag), Cheddite 12ga 2-3/4 8mm brass, primed and skived (100/bag), Cheddite 12ga 2-3/4 16mm, Unprimed (bag/100), Cheddite 16ga 2-3/4 10mm brass, primed and skived, green (bag/100), Cheddite 16ga 2-3/4 16mm brass, primed and skived (bag/100), Cheddite 20ga 2-3/4 16mm brass, primed and skived (bag/100), Cheddite 20ga 3 inch, 16mm brass, primed and skived (bag/100), Cheddite 28ga 65mm, 8mm brass, primed and skived (bag/100), Cheddite 28ga 2-3/4 8mm brass, primed, unskived (bag/100), Cheddite 32ga 63mm, 8mm brass, primed and skived (bag/100), Cheddite .410 2" 8mm brass, primed and skived (100/bag), Cheddite .410 2-1/2 8mm brass, primed and skived (bag/100), Cheddite 12ga 65mm paper-tube red (bag/100), Cheddite 16ga 2-3/4 8mm Unprimed (100/bag), Cheddite 12ga 2-3/4 12mm UNprimed (bag/100), Cheddite .410 3 16mm brass, primed and skived (bag/100), Cheddite 12ga 2" 10mm plastic, green hull (bag/100), Cheddite 28ga 2-3/4 16mm brass, primed and skived (bag/100), Cheddite 12ga 3-1/2 16mm brass, primed & skived (bag/100), Cheddite 20ga 2-3/4 8mm brass, primed and skived (bag/100), Cheddite 24ga 65mm hull 10mm brass, primed and skived (bag/100), Cheddite 12ga 65mm 2-1/2 12mm brass primed/skived (bag/100), Cheddite 20ga 65mm 2-1/2 10mm yellow (bag/100), Cheddite 12ga 2-3/4 16mm Unskived (bag/100), Cheddite 12ga 3" 25mm brass blue tube (bag/100), Cheddite 28ga 65mm (2-1/2") 16mm brass, primed and skived (bag/100), Cheddite 16ga 65mm 2-1/2 10mm brass primed/skived (bag/100), Cheddite 12ga 2.75 8mm unprimed clear (100/bag), Cheddite .410 63mm 16mm black primed (bag/100), Cheddite 12ga 2-3/4 10mm Skived (bag 100), Cheddite 20ga 3 16mm HOT primer (bag/100), Cheddite 20ga 3 16mm HOT primer (cs/2300), Cheddite 12ga 3 16mm brass, primed and skived (cs/1900), Cheddite 20ga 65mm 2-1/2 8mm translucent yellow (bag/100), Cheddite 12ga 2.75 25mm ultra-brass primed/skived (bag/100). The process of reloading a shotgun shell consists of pressing out the spent primer, sizing the metal head and plastic hull back to the original size, then recharging the hull with a new primer and propellant, inserting a wad, shot or sabot and projectile and crimping the round to return it to the original overall length. I had the Hornady book along with numerous others, but sadly lost all of them along with my loading logbook that had my data from 1975 through 2014. Challenger Tunet 12ga 9 Pellet 00 Buckshot. I bought them for one time use, they will either lay on the ground or go in the can. Not a common occurrence in my experience but once was enough given that something in the pump action set the loose primer off and scared hell out of me and my squad mate. The reloading press has a die and a decapping spindle. Includes discussion on body design, b. The next step in the process is recharging the hull with propellant. MENU The Ultimate Reloading Manual Reloading Information and Data for Shotgun Gauges Select from the following to view its load listing. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Reliable straight-wall hulls; extremely versatile for almost all load types. None are any way more useful than others . Not a great way to end your range day, so just dont overload your rounds and just generally be careful reloading because it can be dangerous if you arent careful, okay? Blue Collar Reloading, BCR, the best place to get your reloading components. Shot for hunting is matched to the size of the game you are pursuing. Shotshell reloading and related components are every bit as advanced and diverse as metallic cartridge reloading. Figures 1 and 2 show the basic anatomy of a shot-loaded round and a sabot- or slug-loaded round. .410 Bore Loads: 2 1/2" Federal Plastic Shells. , the best case scenario is creating a round thats more powerful than you can manage, hurting your accuracy and possibly you with excessive recoil, but you can also end up with a round that creates too much pressure, damaging your gun. Smokeless shotshell Specially formulated for long distance 12 gauge shooting Ideal for games such as Back Porch, Annie Oakley, Protection and Buddy For use in 12 gauge hunting loads Promo Smokeless shotshell Full target load performance at an economy price Reliable Consistent and easy loading Red Dot Smokeless target shotshell I recommend anyone new to shotshell reloading begin with a basic press. Just click on the "pistol" icon and scroll down the arrow next to any and you will Click "Get Data" to view results. Is there a reference guide for type of powder to use for handgun target loads verses hunting? I would not advise using that load as it is likely to be over-pressure. Carries like a 380 Auto. The one downside: Hodgdon only provides data for rifle, pistol, and shotgun ammo, but not for revolver ammo. .410 Bore Loads: 2 1/2" Remington STS. You also do not want to crush the propellant, just check that the wad is firmly pressed onto the propellant charge. as a resource to get the information they need. The most commonly handloaded shotshells are those with shot, but both slug and sabot components have been made available for handloading recently. (If youre not sure what that means, read our guide on Load Development for Beginners for more info.). Two great brands have finally come together. And you can use the diary with whatever powder you like, even if its not made by VihtaVuori, so Reload is a great app for anyone who enjoys load development, no matter what brands they prefer. Personalize your experience. Generally, they do not have a cushion as all the volume is required to get the necessary shot-pellet weight because of the lower density of steel. Any of these reloading data tools will serve you well. Different wad designs have different cushions and the cushion determines how much they will give or compress while protecting the shot when the powder lights. Pressure variations with small changes in the hull, propellant, wad or primer can be significant. Even the most basic reloaders will easily make 100 rounds per hour. The next reloading data tool on our list is VihtaVuoris reloading data guide. N')].uJr Only a small company, it just shows what some of the bigger companies could do, if they were not always chasing a profit, at the expense of quality! The ones I have appear to be Cheddite hulls. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. var myWindow = window.open("", "MsgWindow", "width=600, height=200"); Of course, theres nothing wrong with using a physical reloading manual if you prefer, but online reloading data tools are really useful. With the exception of Accurate, the manuals are the electronic copies of the complimentary versions that are freely distributed. and rightfully questioned it. Shotshell reloading begins with resizing the hull. Now that I know youre not going to hurt yourself (or at least if you do its not my fault), lets move on to the tools themselves. I went to the Hodgdon site listed above in the article - put in 9mm, 124 gr, .355 diameter and it spit out 20 powder choices for HDT XTP but only 1 choice for FMJ's???? Not a great way to end your range day, so just dont overload your rounds and just generally, These are some of the most popular powder brands on the market right now, so its easy to see why, Hodgdons online reloading data tool, the Hodgdon Reloading Data Center. You can probably guess what these refer to, but just in case, the starting load is the minimum recommended amount of powder in grains (grs, gr, or grnall stand for grains) to use in the round. Shot size should be selected based on the size and toughness of the game you are planning on pursuing. There was a problem loading the comments. Designed exclusively for defense. They include trap, skeet and sporting clays, as well as hunting game such as upland birds and waterfowl. Get the most of rimfire with loads that offer both accuracy and violent expansion on impact. The individual accessing this site assumes the risk of safe loading practices. I still think I have a few boxes laying around. I would like to dispute the statement that the Hodgdon data center does not have revolver More reloads and better patterns for the most elite trap, skeet and sporting clays shooters. trailer <]>> startxref 0 %%EOF 83 0 obj <>stream A universal receiver, combined with an ultra-sensitive "quartz pressure transducer" and sophisticated chronograph system are used to test pressures and velocities. Ill be interested if anyone else reloads them or had any issues. He found a load in Lyman's that seemed to fill the bill using 20.5 gr. They are Cheddite hulls, loaded in France, shipped to Canada. Learn all the important stuff about handgunswith none of the attitude. Both of these types of shot have significantly higher density than lead, and give higher retained energy and shorter time of flight to longer ranges. Figures 6 and 7 show examples of each manufacturers offerings. Load Data | The Best Reloading Manual Online. The last step in the shotshell reloading process is to recrimp the case. You do not want the propellant to be loose in the hull; this can cause widely varying pressures and performance. She has an extensive linguistics and writing background, and has written for everyone from Allstate to celebrity plastic surgeons. The Reload app gives you offline access to the same tables that you can find on VihtaVuoris website. BT99, TT15 sporting, Yildiz Legacy HP 20 gauge. Shotshell Hulls (3) Shotshell Powder (5) Shotshell Primers (5) Shotshell Shot (20) Shotshell Slugs (2) Shotshell Wads (29) Your Trusted Source for Reloading Supplies in Canada. Its a good idea to verify what your shot bushing or bar are throwing for weight with a scale. Primed hulls do not require a hazmat fee with standard groundshipping, Law Enforcement/Military Shotshell Contract. During resizing, the top of the hull that was deformed by crimping is also ironed out and straightened. They are available in standard and magnum output. As mentioned earlier, its important you follow a specific load recipe and purchase the wads recommended. Theres never been a muzzleloading system like this. , but theres really not much to say about it. The next step in the reloading process is inserting a new wad into the propellant charged hull. When seating the wad, you must ensure that its seating punch is adjusted so that the wad is firmly pressed onto the propellant charge. %PDF-1.4 % At this point, the shot charge is dropped into the wad. loads in Gold Medal target shells. Only in 12g and 20g at the moment, and they come with 6 or 8 star crimps. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. Load Titles. Going from STS to euro (straight walled) hulls. Im going to skip the basic ammunition terms like a bullet, cartridge, and round but you can learn more about ammunition basics by checking out. Hodgdon also lets you look at data for up to four different pistol cartridges, rifle cartridges, or shotgun shells at the same time, making it easier to refer back and forth between different rounds. For rifle and pistol reloading, just select the cartridge youre using and it will return data for you to browse for every bullet weight, manufacturer, and powder in their line up or you can select the bullet weight, manufacturer, and/or powder that you want to use to get more focused results. Accurates Complete Load Guide is more of a reloading manual in PDF form than a load data tool, but thats not necessarily a problem. V)gB0iW8#8w8_QQj@&A)/g>'K t;\ $FZUn(4T%)0C&Zi8bxEB;PAom?W= 2y.-;!KZ ^i"L0- @8(r;q7Ly&Qq4j|9 Again, it is important to find loading data for the propellant and wad you are using. Hornady has become greedy and now charges a fee for the powder weight information. But I am wondering if I could actually shoot these bullets. The SCAR 15P is chambered for 5.56 NATO and, with its 7.5-inch barrel, is the most compact SCAR to date. Nice Shot Reloading Data: .410 Bore From our friends at Precision Reloading comes a portion of the Nice Shot reloading data they have developed thus far for .410 loads. Instead of inserting a wad and shot, either a slug or sabot and projectile will be pressed into the re-primed and propellant charged hull. I have reloaded several thousand rounds of .45acp. You'll now receive newsletters of our best articles on techniques, 11FC powders. Both Lee Precision (leeprecision.com) and MEC (mecoutdoors.com) offer very good basic shotshell reloaders. Click to expand. Shot bars are generally sold for a specific shot weight. Type your email address and well send In shotshell reloading, propellant is dispensed from a replaceable bushing rather than a powder measure. MEC also offers a line of progressively advanced and automated reloaders. Not a common occurrence in my experience but once was enough given that something in the pump action set the loose primer off and scared hell out of me and my squad mate. Traditionally people have used a reloading manual as a resource to get the information they need. My personal favorites are the Hodgdon Reloading Data Center for getting reloading data and the VihtaVouri Reload App for recording load development info and recipes. If you are considering jumping into shotshell reloading, Id urge you to take the plunge. It required me to run a cleaning rod down the barrel into the chamber to knock them out with. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. 20 Gauge (IMR Data): 2 3/4" Winchester Compression-Formed AA Type Plastic Shells. A new primer is pressed back into the metal head of the hull. But sometimes I've used too much pressure and come out under 1.250 anywhere from 2 thousandths to 8 thousandths under. Learn more , Interested in learning how to reload your own ammunition? Needing some info. If you see the Curmudgeon logo, the product ships for FREE!
* Items that do not qualify for free shipping can be added to your order, but they will be charged shipping according to their weight.
* Offer valid for a limited time within the U.S. only.
* Standard ground shipping only; BPI reserves the right to select carrier.
* Offer cannot be combined with other offers/codes or replacement orders.
* Offer is not retroactive and cannot be applied to prior orders.

"); Figure 3 shows a sample of propellant bushings. Ensure that you have the crimp die adjusted so that the crimp completely closes the top of the hull. | L&2>m>d P$1;y UC| endstream endobj 73 0 obj <>/Metadata 70 0 R/Pages 69 0 R/Type/Catalog>> endobj 74 0 obj <>/ColorSpace<>/ProcSet[/PDF/ImageC]/ExtGState<>>>/Type/Page>> endobj 75 0 obj [/ICCBased 79 0 R] endobj 76 0 obj <> endobj 77 0 obj <>stream Significant pressure differences can occur with primers that on the surface may appear similar. Ruger's multi-role small frame autoloading rifle - Sear - combines AR-10 power with AR-15 Portability. If you are a shotgun shooter and have yet to dip your toe into the waters of shotshell reloading, you are missing out on a rewarding and enjoyable activity. The new 9mm suppressor can mount easily to any pistol barrel threaded x28 inches and doesn't compromise on sound suppression, gas blowback or recoil. Modern shotgun hulls are extruded plastic tubes with a metal head that seals the base of the shotshell and provides a rim for the headspace of the shotshell. Rather, the diary function is a dream come true for load development and recipe recording. 0000004617 00000 n Just was not sure about Challenger hulls since I have never even shot them until this year much less reloaded them. The Reloading Process. The only criticism I have of them is that they are often a little hotter. Here in the UK, Challenger hulls mean hulls made by Victory cartridges, based in Cyprus. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Whether you use a reloading manual or a digital reloading data tool, making sure you have accurate reloading data is essential for producing the best possible rounds. We cover the best sources for popular powders like Hogdon, Alliant, Accurate, & VihtaVuori. At this point, the hull is ready for reloading. The decapping spindle pushes the spent primer from the hull. A number of primers types round out a shotshells component list. Using a different wad than what a specific recipe calls for can result in significantly higher pressures and produce an unsafe load. Show sidebar. Ammo reloading is a great way to save money and get custom ammo that takes your shooting to the next level. Several suppliers are available for shotshell reloaders. Get proficient on YOUR time. It seems that if we're buying their bullets, they should be glad to supply the data. Jeff Bradley shows off the Modern Hunting Rifle (MHR) from Christensen Arms at SHOT Show 2023. Hodgdon Powder Company is one of the worlds largest powder manufacturers, producing smokeless powder under the Hodgdon, IMR, and Winchester brand names, as well as black powder as GOEX. Megan Kriss is an avid recreational shooter by day, and writer/editor by night. For shotgun reloading, just put in the gauge and shell to browse your options, or get specific by also inputting your preferred load type, shot weight, manufacturer, and powder. by a mile . 0000004652 00000 n Lead shot is the lowest cost option and it comes in every size. Easy-to-reference guides are pre-formatted and designed for our Shotshell Loading Log; Regardless the gauge or type of shot, we have a reloading brochure with the how-to plus data for it all. The guide is primarily focused on shotgun reloading data, so from the main page you'll follow the link . myWindow.document.write("

* Free Shipping on BP Manuals and Brochures and other selected items. REDUCE RIFLE AND HANDGUN CHARGE WEIGHTS BY 10% TO ESTABLISH A STARTING LOAD.

Texas Death Notices 2021, Articles C